Reopening June 9, 2020
We are very pleased to announce that we are re-opening as of June 9 under specific guidelines.
We want to thank you for your support and patience over the past 2 plus months and we are looking forward to seeing you. Some things have changed and our new protocols are stipulated by our College of Dental Surgeons, WorkSafe BC and the Provincial Health Officer.
Health and safety is our foremost priority. We want to share with you some of these changes.
A few days before your appointment, you will receive an email (or phone call) for
Covid 19 prescreening. On the day of your appt if you are feeling unwell please call
to cancel your appointment (at no charge). When you arrive at the office you will
have another prescreen including a temperature check with a touchless
- Hand-sanitizer will be available throughout the clinic. We ask that you use it upon arrival.
- By mid- June we will have a surgically clean air filtration system in place for an additional safety measure ( not required by the College of Dental Surgeons) that filters air particles as small as 0.1 micron (Covid- 19 virus is 0.12 microns)
- Our reception area now has minimal seating. When you arrive at our building we ask that you email or call us before entering (texting is coming). We will respond letting you know when it is time to come in. lf that isn't possible, please come in and wait at our door in the hallway. Our door will be open. It will be challenging to accommodate late arrivals; please allow yourself time to get to the clinic. Please also allow more time for your appts when arranging your parking. Your email confirmations stipulate how long your appt is, please read them.
- We have installed protective barriers at our reception desk and will limit your contact to as few staff members as possible.
- Staff and patients are required to wear a mask in the office. Please bring your own if you have one.
- Any staff member that has direct contact with a patient will be wearing additional protective equipment as appropriate. (Don't be afraid of our new look, it's still us).
- Our treatment rooms as always will be thoroughly sanitized between visits. Only the patient, one adult per chlld or a care giver is allowed with the patient in the treatment room and clinic.
- All of our staff will have their temperature checked daily, and will continue to practice social-distancing in and out of the clinic. All other members of the public who enter our clinic will also be registered for contract tracing should that be necessary.
We have some catching up to do and due to the circumstances, some of our procedures might
be different. We will be operating at a safe and measured pace with due diligence to ensure everyone's safety. Some protocols may change over the coming weeks and months, we ask for your patience as we implement these new methods, protocols and technologyl
Dr. Stacie Ross and Dr. Janson Lee